Pages

Saturday 13 December 2014

Bissous Bissous Section 1

These past few days have been unexpectedly emotional for me. I've already seen a couple posts bidding farewell from other classmates, but I need to write my proper send off too.

Yesterday was the very last day my CreComm section and I were officially together as a class. I'm actually so heartbroken, and my resting bitch face showed emotion, with tears welled up in my eyes (at home, I don't do tears in public....usually).

I don't know where to begin, so I'm just going to jump right into it.

With the new semester just around the corner (cliche, sue me) my clique is being torn apart and thrown into new classes. I've grown so accustomed to everyone's faces, and I've made some life long friends.

Like many of my other classmates, I came into this program expecting to not make friends, play hard, do my thing, come out on top and peace out into the world. Not true. Like sooooooo not true. Within the first week, I realized I was among people just as weird as me, and I've never felt like I belonged somewhere so much until entering this program.

I've never met a clan of guys n gals who are so intelligent, creative, goofy and cool. We've been through so much together: receiving our first, second .....countless auto fails, doing streeters, editing each others work, going in front of the camera and easing each others nerves, interviewing mayoral candidates....the list is endless.

Through all our hardships, we've become so close and I feel like I can truly be myself in front of everyone, and not afraid to be who I am. You guys, we are basically like the non-judgmental breakfast club. Chic.

You've all accepted my "Ingridisms" (lametrons), support my man bun obsession, don't call me out when I wear Uggs to school, have my back in tough situations, listen to me rant about everything, laugh at my loser jokes (ok, they're brilliant), and give me the most unreal compliments that boost my confidence (telling me I could be a character of Gossip Girl is tres fab).

We've all become a close knit family, so the end of classes and commencement of the holidays are extremely bittersweet. Please, I know we all say "we'll keep in touch," but let's actually do that, OKAY??!!! Okay.

To all of you guys, keep doing your thing, you're all so outstanding. Continue to trek through the tough times, we will all win at life and accomplish what we set out to do. Paraphrasing Scott, I to believe that the first section you're with is with you for life. I wish you all the best and truly want all of you to be super successful in your future endeavours.

LOVE YOU ALL!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Sincerely,
Ingrid

Ps. When times are tough, we can always vent over liquid lunches at one of the numerous bars down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment