Pages

Saturday 1 November 2014

Chic-Or-Treating

When I was eight years old, I was challenged to catch the biggest fish amongst a group of boys. We were in Kenora (I was wearing the worst outfit), and I was the only girl insight. Actually, I was the only girl they probably saw that summer. Anyways, to sum up this cute little story, I obviously accepted this challenge, caught the biggest fish and owned everyone.

Now, I'm not one to back down from a challenge. I mean, I've been accepting them since I was eight (most likely before then), yet it's always been to either a) prove everyone wrong, or b) there is no "b", only plan "a". So disregard 'b'. 

My point being, I was 'challenged' to write about a more worldly issue this week, to write about my passion. Well, today, is not that day (on the worldy issue). Because my passion is fashion. Fashion. Fashion. Fashion. (and french cuisine. And the Salvador Dali book my eyes have devoured thousands of times. ) 

Let's all take a moment to disregard my bad grammar and punctuation in the previous paragraph to address that yes, I do take a deep interest in worldly issues, however, it's not the only thing that drives me. 

Fashion has been with me for all my life; my mother is Parisienne so I guess blame it on her or whatever. To me, fashion is so much more than the trend of the season or an article of clothing. It's a state of being.

So, in lieu of Halloween, I've come up with a beyond perfect holiday activity to support my fashion needs: chic-or-treating. Basically, I treat myself to all things chic. And now I create a list. Lists are fun, so that's that.


1) Okay, so with what seemed like a tumultuous week for everyone, I found it quite logical to purchase two tops from Club Monaco. I mean, duh, it was a tumultuous week!

2) I decided to purchase three bottles of wine based on cute/fancy labels without looking at prices. That was a huge yikes. ( I did opt to put back the $60 bottle back I had blindly selected.)

3) Lipstick. Go to Sephora, purchase the Marc Jacobs lipstick, (any shade), and thank me later. I'll throw you a "you're welcome."

4) Hit that speed dial number of your hairdresser. Tell her you need your hair deep conditioned. It's necessary. Trust.

5) I was joking for 4. Kind of. (If you do do that, please know that's fantastic and I don't judge you.)

6) Treat yourself chic on websites such as Nasty Gal, Brandy Melville, and Top Shop. My secrets are out, you're welcome.

7) Treats are chic too. French macaroons (tastes like an angels kiss ), buttery croissants, Hershey Cookies and Cream chocolate, and PUMPKIN PIE. (I didn't get the PP this year, which I find rude and...well, rude.) 

8) Shoes. (Do I even need to explain? It's SHOES. The elixir to life.)

9) I may have also purchased a hat, necklace and ring from Aldo. Oopsies.

10) And of course I purchased (borrowed from dad) a book, Tim Flannery's "The Weather Makers," because the environment is très importante. 

Happy chic-or-treating!

Ps. You can chic-or-treat any time of the year.

Sincerely, 
Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment