Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

The 21st Century KKK: Korruption of the Kardashian Klan

My drive to school is a very fragile time for me. It's early, it's long, I hate every other driver that's not me, and I'm constantly changing radio stations to find a suitable song because Kate Moss (name of my 2009 Nissan, judge me) isn't up to date with Bluetooth, so playing my iTunes is a lost cause.

Shockingly, the other morning my aura felt quite centred on my drive to school. Maybe it's because my outfit was on point that morning. Unclear. Anyway, amidst my station changing ritual, waiting for the next song to play, I heard it. The word that makes my blood boil. The word that makes me roll my eyes to the moon and back. The word that makes me utter "for fuck sakes" every time.

Kardashian.

It's basically impossible to get one goddamn Kardashian-free day. That.....vile family infiltrates society's every social outlet humanly possible. They are basically inescapable. Like, here I am in my car waiting patiently for Nicki Minaj's Anaconda to play and it's rudely delayed by "news". I scoff at the word news since it consisted of Kim Kardashian buying a million-trillion-zillion dollar island to build an amusement park for her baby. Double-you-tee-eff..?!

I just don't understand how this is relevant, let alone deemed "news worthy." I mean, who the fuck cares? Why do we need to "keep up" with this family every single week? What do they do that contributes to our society? 

To my complete dismay and disgust, the millions upon millions of people do "keep up with the Kardashians." We are a sickengly Kardashian obsessed society. 

Allow me to elaborate: Kim and Kanye's wedding was dubbed "the wedding of the century," and was the top morning story on May 24th on at least three different news channels. I know this because I was searching for real life news whilst drinking my kale smoothie, and instead every HD channel was plastered with footage of the gaudy wedding venue. Ew much?

The sad truth is we are infatuated with a family who are famous for being famous. And I throw the word "we" around because admittedly, and very resentfully, I too show an interest in them. It infuriates me that I get sucked in to the Kardashian phenomenon, but they're quite literally everywhere.

I know more about Kim's fat ass and Kylie's lip injected-esque lips (personally, I do think they look amaze, but that's neither here nor there), than I do about impoverished third world countries.

Now, obviously that indiscretion is on me, I'm very capable of gaining access to updates on the qualms around the world, but the point is I have to search for them. I shouldn't have to. I shouldn't be knowledgeable on the size of Kim's derriere or the divorces amongst the Kardashian ladies. But that's what's making headlines oppose to world crisis' or scientific discoveries. It's pathetic.

What's really tragic about the Kardashian plague is that years from now, future generations will look back and the Kardashians will part of society's history. They won't know the great artists like Dali, Monet, or Da Vinci, nor the great rulers like Alexander The Great or Cleopatra. No. It will be marred with this family. It's an insult to the subject of history alone.

It's so irksome that we are allowing the Kardashians to taint our culture. The thing that just riles me up is how this family weaselled their way into the world of fashion.

Fashion is an art to me, and I have dedicated my heart to it (sooooooooooo cheesy, just go with it.) I have a respect for it, the designers, the pristine details, the entire production. The fashion industry has an allure to it, and a sense of prestige to it.

Designers, editors, and everyone involved in fashion have embraced this family and allow them to schmooze with the best. I feel......so violated. My special world, one I respected, has granted the Kardashian disease to be embraced. I feel as if my boyfriend (haha, I'm super single) has cheated on me with a tacky member of the Jersey Shore.

Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Givenchy.... all respected fashion houses, have planted a privileged 18 year old Kendall Jenner on their runways. Yes, she is tall, skinny, fierce face, but I mean really?! A Kardashian on legendary runways that have been walked by veterans Gisele, Kate and Claudia?

Like, LOL Kendall you're not a model. Le sigh.

I'm just so over them. The thought of them exhausts me, it's worrisome what has become important to our society. The argument is that people are curious about their lives. Their wealth, the privileges, their every move.

Here's an idea: instead of being curious, be a go-getter and achieve those things YOURSELVES. You're capable. Work hard. Play hard. Why should a pack of sleazy bimbettes controlled by a over-botoxed mother dictate your lives? It shouldn't.

The fact of the matter is, everyone talks about them, hate or love. You love to hate on them, you love to envy them, you love to aspire to them. Stop. It's disgusting.

I hope that their time will phase out fast, just like Juicy Couture sweat pants did.

Truthfully, the only thing that can be done to get the Kardashians to disintegrate into thin air is to simply ignore them, make them irrelevant. It's not probable, but not impossible.

At least I have this to keep me smug, because, lest we forget:
Just let the latter sink in.

Sincerely,
Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment