Pages

Friday 3 October 2014

My Heart Belongs in Paris

So, for those of you who are fashion virgins, last week was the week for every fashionista: Paris Fashion Week (PFW). Sadly, my invitation was lost in the mail so I was unable to attend. I'm a little resentful because that's super rude of Karl Lagerfeld (Chanel), Olivier Rousteing (Balmain), and Riccardo Tisci (Givenchy) to not have a front row seat with my name on it. A pair of shoes and a handbag from all three will suffice and I'll be over it. Jk. Not really though.

Semi jokes aside, I'm actually obsessed with fashion, style, and design. The best way I can describe it is (get ready for a t-a-c-k-y cliche) : I have a passion for fashion. 

I remember 12 year old me stealing my mother's Vogues and Instyles and taking in every single detail. I made fashion boards (basically cut out every to-die for outfit and plastered it onto cardboard) and forced my father to "artfully" nail them onto my wall so I could stare at them. I'm not lying, I actually did that. 

Now, my walls are "fashion board" free and I have grown into my own style. Sadly, my visa is in fact NOT limitless *sobs*, and I hate laugh at my bank account, so I am unable to satisfy my fashion needs with new purchases. BUT! Thanks to magazines and Instagram, I can create new looks with clothes I already have. 

So, in lieu and paying a little homage to my beloved PFW, I threw together three looks I find suitable to show my face in:


I transitioned the dress/blazer combo into a dinner with extra accessories to make it pop.
Standing in my closest practically crying because I have no clothes to wear from ALL the millions of clothes I have, I made a beyond basic black dress into this .


This is top is a trooper because whilst wearing this outfit, my poor white blouse suffered a Merlot spill, but was salvaged.

I really like to take pride in the way I dress. It may not be Paris Fashion Week worthy, but wearing a detailed, simple outfit can really spruce up your day. Oh, and I also one day plan on attending PFW, to scratch off my bucket list. Bissous bissous!

Sincerely, 
Ingrid

2 comments: